This recipe is simple, quick & healthy, and makes for a perfect afternoon pick me up or snack mid hike!
- 2 cups toasted, rolled oats
- ½ cup of finely chopped dates
- ¼ cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp whole flax seeds
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- ¼ melted dark chocolate chips for drizzle
- Toast oats in the oven at 375° F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Finely chop dates.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Warm peanut butter and agave nectar in a small pan over low heat. Stir dry ingredients into this mixture. Ensure this mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Line a glass baking dish (I used an 8×8- inch dish) with parchment paper and transfer the mixture into the dish.
- Firmly press down the mixture with the back of a wooden spoon, until it is evenly spread out. Make sure this mixture is uniformly flattened, and firmly pressed otherwise the squares will easily crumble.
- Cover the dish and let granola firm up in the freezer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove granola from dish, and cut into roughly 16 squares. Top the bars with cocoa powder, or drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
- Store the squares in a container for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.