Granola is a quick and easy breakfast or snack that can be added to anything! I prefer to make my own granola rather than buying it not only because it is super easy to make, but also so I can switch up the flavours and choose ingredients that I am craving.
This recipe contains 9 different ingredient categories that you can switch up based on your personal preference and dietary needs. Below I included ingredients for my favourite granola batch.
- OATS: 4 cups, toasted
- HEALTHY FATS: 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- SWEETNER: 1/3 cup maple syrup
- SEEDS: 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds (I often add chia seeds and flax seeds as well)
- NUTS: 1 cup pecans (I also like adding walnuts or slivered almonds)
- FLAVOUR BOOST: 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- DRIED FRUIT: 1/2 cup dehydrated strawberries (I also like coconut flakes, raisins, or apricots)
- SPICE: 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I like all spice too)
- SALT: 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, seeds, nuts, spice and salt. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- To the mixing bowl, add oil, liquid sweetener, and vanilla. Again, stir this mixture until well combined.
- Pour granola mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading it out evenly using a large spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring granola halfway through cooking time. Remove granola from the oven and allow to cool completely (~ an hour).
- Stir in the dried fruit (and any additional ingredients you would like to add in) and mix. Continue to mix until desired “clumpiness” of granola is reached.
- Store the granola in a sealed container at room temperature for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to 4 months. Enjoy!
Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!