Try making these quick, easy and delicious energy bites! With the perfect blend of sweetness and protein, they make for a healthy afternoon pick me up snack.
- 1 cup of nut butter (I use natural peanut butter)
- 11/2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa nibs
- 1 tbsp of agave nectar
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I use Vanilla LeanFit Whey)
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of flax seeds
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine oats, cocoa nibs, coconut flakes, and chia and flax seeds. Mix well.
- In an additional bowl, mix nut butter, protein powder, agave nectar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Combine the two mixtures and stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Roll mixture into ~20 bite sized balls using your hands.
- Store in the fridge to maximize freshness.
If you find the bites are too crumbly, after rolling, pop them in the freezer for about half an hour.
Double the batch and freeze the bites, to save time on meal prep throughout the week.
Have a great week! Enjoy the sunshine! Summer is just around the corner (hopefully).